Sunday 17 September 2017

Still Knitting!


I'm beginning to think I'm being a bit addicted to knitting. Normally I can just stop to do a bit of housework but at the moment I just can't put the knitting down.

The pair above are part of a series of sets we're knitting for a school who want knitted toys for their Story Book Bags. No it's not the Teddy Bears' Picnic, it's for Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I've made the Mam & Dad bears who are sitting in our garden on a little blanket I made for the neo natal unit.  I opted out of making a pink skirt for the Mammy bear in case I was accused of being sexist!

They are just waiting for little baby bear who a friend is knitting. She has already made Goldilocks & someone else is making the bag to hold them along with the story book.

I've also just knitted a couple of blankets, baby cardigans & hats for our priest to take to a village in Zambia which the parish support. I always thought they wouldn't need knitted clothes but apparently it can be quite cool. I enjoy knitting these as it doesn't take long. The things I don't like knitting are the brown V neck tank tops for the orphanage in India. Brown was never my favourite colour! 

The gansy is coming on nicely I usually knit this for an hour or two in the morning when I'm in as I need good light. The light is getting poor now by about 7pm so it's going to be a few months before I finish.

However I do need to be a bit more active as I've noticed my ankles are swelling with all this sitting! What a lazy cat I am! I'm off to Italy next Saturday taking a tour to Lake Garda so plenty of walking there to be done. Hopefully we'll get decent weather but I won't get any knitting done. You can't take knitting when you're working! I'm getting withdrawal symptoms at the thought of no knitting for a couple of weeks. 

Look at that grass in the photo, it's meant to be a lawn, neither of us are keen gardeners but it's too big for me to cut. Well that's my excuse!






11 comments:

  1. How proud and excited you must feel when a project is completed. Such lovely and huggy bears all dressed to perfection on a sweet blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. Yes, it's hard to give them away. I found another patter which I like even better & I'm ahsamed to admit I couldn't part with it.

      Delete
  2. Those bears are lovely. You must have a wonderful talent. My mum loves to knit and crochet. I never got beyond a scarf or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Like your Mum I just love knitting & crochet buy my daughter doesn't. We're all different & that's good.

      Delete
  3. i would love to learn how to knit - your bears are adorable. Hope you post lots of photos from Italy. I haven't been around much but I'll be sure to check back at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame you don't live near us we could teach you at our class.
      I will definitely post more photos of Italy. \the places are so photogenic!

      Delete
  4. You are really good, so cute
    Have a great time on this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You knit really well and I love the fact you didn't give the mother bear a pink skirt! Being addicted to knitting is a great deal safer than other addictions.

    So did the grass get cut before you went away? If not I bet it's long now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely is safer but it might be just as expensive. Although I don't know how much "stuff" costs. I was OK until Poundworld started selling some beautiful wool for baby clothes. Now I can't pass a Poundworld!

      Delete
  6. Love what you are knitting and I had forgotten about your gansy sweater. I could never, no never knit something like that but I'm glad to know someone who can! I like to watch the tv show 'Slow Knitting' filmed in Norway I think and I get it via 'Netflix'. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you:

The End of a Reign & the Passing of an Era

It's the day that most of us have dreaded even those who are not royalists.  Many of us grew up with her and have seen a long momentous ...