Wednesday 21 July 2021

Shetland Here We Come!




                                            Jarlshof, Shetland

Photograph courtesy of Tom Parnellfrom Scottish Borders, Scotland - Creative Commons licence 

A few weeks ago when our Covid rates were really low & I was feeling a bit low so I decided to book a short UK cruise up to Shetland. Well we'd had our vaccinations, all the rates were pretty low in the UK so it seemed like a good idea at the time!

Well now I'm not so sure but at least everyone on the ship has to be vaccinated and tested at the port and it's an adult only cruise so we'll see.

A few days ago we found out that Scotland wasn't accepting cruise ships from England even though everyone is vaccinated & a recent cruise has had its Scottish ports cancelled.

It seemed daft as you can drive into Scotland, get a train or bus over the border whether you've been vaccinated or not and nobody checks anything. We have been expecting the cruise itinerary to be changed to English ports & have been waiting to hear what's happened to our cruise but have heard nothing from the cruise company.

Well I checked the Lerwick Port Authority website which is where the ship would dock & surprise, surprise, from 19th July they are accepting cruise ships!

So come Saturday if all goes well we'll be on our way to Sheltland. I'd better get the thermal underwear & the waterproofs out, it's never very warm there and they do get more than their fair share of rain! It will be some respite from this heat which we aren't used to.

I lost all my photographs of my trip to Shetland in 2015 courtesy of Windows 10 & my BT Cloud backup. They may be there somewhere in the ether but I can't find them so thanks to Wiki Commons I found a similar photograph by Tom Parnell to one I had taken on a visit to Jarlshof. I think it's better than mine!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you sir for your real spells. My name is Zara Matteo. This is truly incredible and I have never experienced anything like this in my life Before I met you, sir, I tried all the probable means I could to bring my husband back, but I came to realize that nothing works for me and that my husband has developed a lot of hatred for me. I thought there was no hope of reuniting with my ex-husband. But when I read good reviews about how DR WHITE helps others, I decided to send him a message via WhatsApp: +17168691327. to try and I did everything he instructed me and I trusted him and I followed his instructions as he guaranteed me in 48 hours, and just then my ex called me. Sir, we are happier now than ever. Everything looks perfect and so natural! Thank you very much sir for your authentic and indisputable spells. here again his email:

    wightmagicmaster@gmail.com

    .com You can also Whatsapp him:
    +17168691327

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I don't know if you are there or have come back but I hope you had a lovely time. I bet you needed the thermals and waterproofs! Did you take more photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I hope you are enjoying it! I would love to visit anywhere outside of the states - places I've never been. I google travel a lot though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to go anywhere with this Covid going around a second time is miserable. Guess we can all feel like Robert The Bruce trying to go on like the spider.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you:

The End of a Reign & the Passing of an Era

It's the day that most of us have dreaded even those who are not royalists.  Many of us grew up with her and have seen a long momentous ...