Sunday 11 November 2018

Kitties!


A few weeks ago my daughter asked if I would foster a couple of kittens to give a lady who runs the Consett Cat Rescue service a break. She hasn't had a holiday in 6 years and wanted to visit friends in Australia who are elderly.

I liked the idea as I would love to have cats again but worry about they will outlive us or the worse alternative that I will have to have them put to sleep. I had such a horrible time when I lost Oscar didn't think I could face it again.

So Finch & Freda arrived 3 weeks ago & made themselves at home immediately. They were lazing among the ironing in the photo above watching me iron. 

Here Freda is enjoying lazing on our bed.


and Finch in hers.


They have entertained me a lot especially when they race up & down the stairs like lunatics at night.  They do like a play fight now & again.



They love wool & have stolen the crochet poppies I made a few times.

I'll be very sad to see them go in a few days, there'll probably be tears but I made them a blanket each to take with them. 







4 comments:

  1. What beautiful kitties, they look so happy and content.
    Yes, I fear there will be tears.
    Thank you for your kindness.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's tough, looking after them for a while and then seeing them go. You know both my daughters were fostered before we adopted them, and they found it so hard watching the babies leave and come to live with us. I felt awful for both sets of foster parents. Not any easy job at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could you resist those two! I have a feral cat that comes to the door that I feed. We have a "friendly" feral that comes in the house and lets me love and pet her...but wants to go outside at night and to use the bathroom. Won't use a litter box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look so sweet - I understand you not wanting a cat. We rescued a cat when my grandson was living here for a year or so because he wanted one so bad and we finally gave in and then he moved back with his dad and we have the cat. I love her but everytime we go away we have to put her in a pet hotel for 20 plus dollar a day - it gets expensive. I never intended on having an animal again but I can't just not keep her and love her.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you:

The End of a Reign & the Passing of an Era

It's the day that most of us have dreaded even those who are not royalists.  Many of us grew up with her and have seen a long momentous ...