Wednesday 25 August 2021

Tokyo Paralympics 2021



Anyone else enjoying watching the Paralympics?

Stayed up last night or rather this morning to watch the swimming and have to say they're absolutely incredible. 

Some of the levels of impairment are really high and you just wonder how on earth they manage to swim at all. They are so inspiring. 

The TV presenters are really good at explaining how the disabilities are categorised and the issues that the particular swimmers have completing their stroke.


The back stories are great too hearing from their families at home and how they've fought to overcome their disabilities using sport. It's sad the families are not able to be in Tokyo supporting them but wonderful to watch.


It's amazing that there are any British swimmers competing after all the swimming pools here have been closed to everyone for over a year. T
here are very few outdoor pools so they have had precious little opportunities to train until recently. Few of us in the UK have our own swimming pools and let's face it the climate doesn't lend itself to outdoor swimming in lakes or the sea. 

The only problem I have is that the broadcasts are not on the BBC so you have to suffer advertising. The breaks are annoying but never mind I'll just have to make drinks or go to the loo more often!

Anyway I'm just going to enjoy them, they're amazing to watch. 


Source: International Paralympic Committee, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

4 comments:

  1. Sadly I dislike all sport so I don't watch any of it. My partner on the other hand, watches it all.

    Happy viewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. I'm not a fan of much sport but I think the Paralympics are really special. Enjoyed the dressage, the riders are great and the horses are amazing too.

      Delete
  2. I haven't watched the olympics not a huge sports fan myself. Hubby loves sport but even he hasn't watched it. It's not the same with all the restrictions happening is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched them but my husband was the other day. i actually didn't know they were on.
    Oh ..I don't think I can ever sit thorugh commercials again. It's worth the money we pay to have so many choices to movies and new programming without commercials. Hope you are doing well and getting out and enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you:

The End of a Reign & the Passing of an Era

It's the day that most of us have dreaded even those who are not royalists.  Many of us grew up with her and have seen a long momentous ...