Thursday 10 June 2021

A Good Kick up the Behind!

Well that's what I really needed but I knew I needed more exercise which would help my health as well as my mood. My ankles were swelling a lot and even the walking I forced myself to do wasn't really helping. I can't stand gyms and I knew I couldn't face the risk of going to the pool for a 30 minute swim so I found a great set of videos on Youtube.

The exercises were reasonably easy (there's often an easy version), the trainer Lucy Wyndham-Read is really experienced, very nice, not a total fitness freak and they are very short, 7 minutes! You don't have to lie on the floor (I tried Yoga but can't manage lying down) and you don't need any equipment. 

There's lots to choose from at different levels and different lengths.

Here's my favourite video, a run/walk in the mountains 


I've been doing them for a week. I have to say I feel a bit more positive & have more energy plus my ankles are not so swollen!

Let's hope I can keep up the momentum doing these exercises!



5 comments:

  1. that is good news! I have always felt that the statement is true - use it or lose it...so i make sure i use it. my sister also has an exercise thing that i haven't checked out yet "chair yoga"...you might look into that too if interested. I'm happy for you that you are seeing improvemet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned through the pandemic that exercise is the best medicine. I walk 1-2 miles per day and have lost 35 pounds. Of course counting calories has helped also. You go girl! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I've been gardening and that's my form of exercise. I need to do more though as I'm finding it hard to shift the pounds.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you:

The End of a Reign & the Passing of an Era

It's the day that most of us have dreaded even those who are not royalists.  Many of us grew up with her and have seen a long momentous ...