Thursday 16 October 2014

A Brilliant Remake!

The BBC have produced a remake of one of my all time favourite songs, The Beach Boys masterpiece "God Only Knows". Although Brian Wilson is in it, plus Bengal tiger, it's not quite as we remember it!



It's visually stunning with a diverse range of singers & musicians. It took a year to make & was produced to launch the new BBC Music site. 

They couldn't have picked a better song. Apparently it's a global collection of singers I just wish I knew who half of them are! Shows I'm getting old.

I wondered about whether to add the original & after Granny Annies comment I have. So here's the original. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Winifred! That is really neat. Now I want to go to YouTube and listen to the Beach Boys singing it. God only knows who most of the singers were. I was with you on only knowing a few of them. Of course Brian Wilson, then Elton John and Stevie Wonder and a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've added the original Annie.

    I recognised the ones you mentioned plus Kylie, Nicola Benedetti (the violinist), Jamie Cullum, Paloma Faith, Brian May (Queen) & One Direction. The rest I haven't a clue. I suppose I could Google it but........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh there were some big names there! Sam Smith, Pharrell, Florence, Emeli Sande, Jools Holland, Chrissie Hynde, Brian May, I think it was the girl from Foxes too. There were a couple of faces I didn't recognise either.

    I have to say I don't like the cover much though, even with Kylie in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard the new version and really like it Winifred. A x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you:

The End of a Reign & the Passing of an Era

It's the day that most of us have dreaded even those who are not royalists.  Many of us grew up with her and have seen a long momentous ...