Tuesday 27 July 2010

Conversations With Lauren


I have some great conversations with my granddaughter Lauren. I really should have recorded them all.

The problem is I haven't to laugh. She hates you laughing at her. However sometimes it's hard to keep a straight face.



On the way back from the park this afternoon this was how the conversation went:


Lauren: Niamh's grandma got runned over by a bus.
Me:        I hope she's better now.
Lauren: No, she's in the ground. That's what happens when you get runned over, you get digged in the road!


There's no answer to that!


Post 160

12 comments:

  1. Oh LOL. Children just get straight to the point don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, kids do say the darnest things at times, when we least expect it. And I know how hard it is, to not laugh. Poor Grandma, did that mean she was run over and killed? Or she jsut got run over in the dirt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have a TV show here called "Kids Say The Darndest Things" and I wish someone would bring that back. I think some of the old shows are on you tube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay........but that does beg the question.....what did happen to Nimah's grandma?

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Grandma! That's not a good way to exit life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha ha. Sorry, but I could not help laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch, what a way to go. Kids get straight to the point don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I did try to clarify exactly what had happened but didn't get very far with Lauren.

    I asked my daughter, she burst out laughing then felt guilty but she didn't know anything about it.

    School has broken up so no other grandmas I can ask.

    I'm assuming she died and was buried! If I find out, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love children and their conversations. Write them down and write a long post about them.

    ~hippo hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh don't they come out with some things!! LOL

    My granddaughter doesn't like to be laughed at either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can see whay there was not answer to that! They are amusing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you:

The End of a Reign & the Passing of an Era

It's the day that most of us have dreaded even those who are not royalists.  Many of us grew up with her and have seen a long momentous ...