Friday 16 October 2009

A Sudden Fearful Death - Anne Perry

A Sudden, Fearful Death








I've not read any of Anne Perry's books before so it was good to find something a little different to my usual choice of reading.

I really enjoyed this historical murder story, part of the William Monk detective series.
The setting is Victorian England 1857 and when Prudence Barrymore, a Crimean nurse is murdered in London's Royal Free Hospital, William Monk, a private investigator is called in to help find the murderer.

It's a complex plot with interesting and memorable characters. I really enjoyed the story as well as finding out more about aspects of Victorian England including the medical scene and women's lives.

Look forward to reading more in this series.

Post 123

1 comment:

  1. Hi -
    I am rereading the first few books of the William Monk series. I also enjoy the historical aspect of Perry's books. I've read quite a few of her other series (Charlotte and Thomas Pitt).
    I recommend reading her books in sequence to get more of an idea about the characters.
    Happy mystery reading :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you:

The End of a Reign & the Passing of an Era

It's the day that most of us have dreaded even those who are not royalists.  Many of us grew up with her and have seen a long momentous ...