This is what to do:
Share six random things about yourself
- Tag six people and let them know they are tagged on their own blog
- Feel free to play the way you want.
Well I'm not going to tag anyone, I already feel I've tagged enough so just feel free to go for this if you want to.
I found it hard, trying to find six things I hadn’t already rambled on about and things I hadn’t included in the last tag.
1. I have a strange attitude to holidays. I spend ages planning them, checking the places out, organising clothes etc. I’ve already started to get out my maps, phrase book etc for our next holiday in May. The anticipation of the holiday is a major part of it. However, once it gets near the date, I don’t want to go. I start wishing I hadn’t booked it. I think of all the things that might go wrong.
~ Something might happen to one of the cats while I’m away, well they’re both about twenty so it could but I have a great pet nanny who looks after them.
~ What if one of us is ill? Well it could happen and we are in a strange country and we’d have to cope.
~ We could be burgled. Yes we could, but that could happen anyway even I we’re at home.
~ The house could catch fire and we'd come back to nowhere to live, just like Victor Meldrew. Well as long as the cats were OK, we're insured and everything apart from the cats could be replaced. Oh my photographs couldn't, I should find a fireproof safe to keep them in.
This happens to me every time now, I should be used to it. However once I get in the car to go to the airport I’m fine. Needless to say it doesn’t stop me booking another once we get back
2. I’m a coffee snob. Well my daughter says I am. I don’t think I am that bad. I have to admit I don’t like instant or filter coffee and only like my latte and cappuchino made from proper espresso coffee machines. I have been known to peer into a café/coffee shop to see what kind of a coffee machine they have. I’m too embarrassed to go in and ask, just in case it’s not suitable because then I’d have to come out again.
3. I used to play the violin. My granddad bought me my own violin and I started to learn to play it at school. The main reason for doing this was because you could get out of playing sport and going to PE lessons by going to violin lessons and practising. I hated hockey, netball and anything like that. I was too small and I haven’t an ounce of competitive spirit in me. I also hated school, so when I left at 16, I stopped playing my violin. It’s one of my greatest regrets, I really liked it but wanted to get away from all things associated with school. I love to hear Yehudi Menuhin playing, the sound is so sweet not the horrible screeching I probably made.
4. I don’t lose my temper easily. I haven’t lost it a lot in my life because when I do I’m really horrible. One problem is I know I let things build up and don’t speak out when I should, usually because I’m trying to keep everybody happy. The rare occasions when I lose my temper leave me drained, I can’t forget about it, I cry and can’t sleep. What a wimp! Why am I not a bit more assertive then it wouldn’t get to the losing my temper stage?
5. I’m a very patient driver. People seem to be very impatient and use the horn a lot these days. I rarely use it because I don’t like it when people start beeping and you jump wondering are they beeping at you.
6. I like telly much more than I used to. I suppose I didn’t have as much time to watch it when I worked.
~ Good comedies like Jeeves and Wooster, Auf Wiedersehen Pet, Last of the Summer Wine, Blackadder, The Royle Family, One Foot in the Grave, Dad’s Army, Only Fools and Horses, and anything with Victoria Wood and Julie Walters in it.
~ Dramas like Kingdom, Wild at Heart, The Royal and Heartbeat.
~ Costume dramas like Pride and Prejudice, Cranford and Larkrise to Candleford.
~ Police and detective shows as long as the violence isn’t too graphic. My favourites include Inspector Morse, A Touch of Frost, Pie in the Sky, Foyle’s War, Life on Mars, The Rockford Files, Harry O, Monk and for a touch of humour, Diagnosis Murder.
What I really dislike are:
~ Most sport programmes especially the noisy ones.
~ “Reality” TV programmes like Big Brother and I’m a Celebrity Get me Out of Here.
~ Talent programmes like X Factor and Pop Idol.
~ Confession type talk shows, I can’t stand them, they make me cringe.
Now Brenda did ask me to find a You Tube video on hyenas. Well I looked for a clip from Lady and The Tramp where they go to the zoo and the hyenas are laughing. It's my favourite part of the film! Well I couldn't find it. I also looked for something from the Lion KIng which I like too but I didn't pick one of those clips.
This video clip is of real hyenas and I'm sure your laugh doesn't sound anything like this Brenda.